Self care is an important part of taking care of your mental health, but things like getting a massage or facial are pretty expensive. Instead, here are 17 inexpensive ideas for self care.
If you’re on a budget, you probably want to still add self care to your life without breaking the bank.
And ultimately, self care doesn’t have to be about going out and getting a spa treatment or just having a bubble bath – sometimes self care is simply saying no to something you don’t like or setting the right boundaries in your life.
17 Inexpensive Ideas for Self Care
Related Self Care Posts:
- 8 Self Care Gift Ideas
- 20+ Ideas for Self Care and Self Love
- 25 Self Care Ideas for Bad Days
- How to Practice Self-Compassion
- 50 Beautiful Quotes About Self Love
Self care isn’t about being selfish but about taking care of yourself so you don’t get burned out or overwhelmed by the stress of life. Self care is even more important when you’re busy or caring for other people, even if it feels like you don’t have time for it. As they say, you can’t pour from an empty cup, so that means you need to make time – even if it’s just a few minutes – to simply take care of yourself.
1. Watch an inspirational documentary
2. Watch your favorite show on Netflix
3. Watch a funny video on Youtube
4. Play with a pet
5. Color or do art
6. Go to the park
8. Take a bubble bath or treat yourself to a homemade sugar scrub
9. Go on a nature walk
10. Lounge around in bed one day
11. Sleep in late
12. Drink a green smoothie
13. Move your body or have a solo dance party
14. Play with slime or a stress ball
15. Dress up for no reason
16. Listen to uplifting music. Try this: 11 Uplifting Songs to Brighten Your Day
17. Read a good book
What self care ideas are you going to try? 🙂
You might also be interested in our Self Care Planner. 🙂