45+ Inspiring Quotes About Following Your Dreams
Following your dreams is a challenging test of your belief in yourself. But with the right mindset, you can accomplish anything. Here are 45+ inspiring quotes about following your dreams and not giving up.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel!
If you wait until the moment when you feel completely ready to follow your dreams and you have a sign from the universe and the unconditional approval from your friends and family, you’ll be waiting for a very, very long time.
And most likely, what you want to do won’t end up happening.
You can apply this to inspiration, too. William Faulkner said,
“I only write when inspiration strikes. Fortunately it strikes at nine every morning.”
We think, or maybe hope, that one day all the pieces of our lives will fit together in a perfect, beautiful way, and that we’ll know exactly what we need to do.
We’ll finally feel “ready.”
But, as they say, don’t wait to strike until the iron is hot. Make the iron hot by striking.
In other words, it is you taking action that makes you ready and inspired, not the other way around. I believe people create their own luck by consistently taking the right actions.
Sure, you’ll have times when you feel inspired or actually “ready” to do something, but more often than not, you have to take action in spite of how you feel.
Products We Recommend:
I think that’s one of the secrets to life, really, and especially to making progress. Taking the action you need to even when you don’t feel like it.
Is it fun? Heck no. It’s much more pleasant to wait until you’re inspired and feel a little more confident.
But if you only take action when you feel like it, how much progress will you have made a year from now compared to if you put in consistent small steps every day?
Being “ready” for something is largely a state of mind. You will probably not have a moment when you feel like all the stars have finally aligned and it’s your time to finally, finally take action.
Your time is now.
45+ Quotes About Following Your Dreams
1. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.”
– Henry David Thoreau
2. “Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.”
– Pamela Vaull Starr
3. “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”
– Harriet Tubman
4. “Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer.”
– Marcia Wieder
5. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt
6. “No one has ever achieved anything from the smallest to the greatest unless the dream was dreamed first.”
– Laura Ingalls Wilder
7. “It is precisely the possibility of realizing a dream that makes life interesting.”
– Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
8. “Love what you do and do what you love. Don’t listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. You do what you want, what you love. Imagination should be the center of your life.”
– Ray Bradbury
9. “So many people will tell you ”no”, and you need to find something you believe in so hard that you just smile and tell them ”watch me”. Learn to take rejection as motivation to prove people wrong. Be unstoppable. Refuse to give up, no matter what. It’s the best skill you can ever learn.”
– Charlotte Eriksson
10. “You know that crazy heart of yours? The one with lightning crackling and moonlight shining through it. The one you’ve been told not to trust because it often led you off the beaten path. The one so many have misunderstood your entire life. Trust it. Feed it. Grow it. It’s your greatest treasure and will point the way to your highest destiny. It is the voice of your soul.”
– Jacob Nordby
11. “Leaving what feels secure behind and following the beckoning of our hearts doesn’t always end as we expect or hope. We may even fail. But here’s the payoff: it can also be amazing and wonderful and immensely satisfying.”
– Steve Goodier
12. “It’s not enough to wish, dream, hope. Even children know this. We must set sail into the sea of uncertainty. We must meet fear face-to-face. We must take our dreams as maps for a greater journey. Dreams, to come true, need a good story. So go live one.”
– Vironika Tugaleva
More Inspirational Quote Posts:
13. “Get mocked at for as much as you can, fail as much as you can, but don’t quit. Let every mockery, every failure, be a source of inspiration for you to reach for greatness, and that greatness will silence your critics.”
– Ajaero Tony Martins
14. “Press on. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.”
– Ray Kroc
15. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.”
– Steve Jobs
16. “I knew that if I failed I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.”
– Jeff Bezos
17. “It’s not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena. Whose face is marred with dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.”
– Theodore Roosevelt
More Sayings About Following Your Dreams
“Dreams are the seeds of your future, plant them, nurture them, and watch them grow.”
“Chase your dreams until they become a reality.”
“Believe in yourself and your dreams, and anything is possible.”
“The journey to your dreams may be long, but the reward at the end is worth it.”
“Your dreams are your compass, they will guide you to where you’re meant to be.”
“Dream big and never stop reaching for the stars.”
“The greatest risk in life is not following your dreams.”
“Don’t let fear hold you back from following your dreams, face it head-on.”
“Dreams give life purpose, so follow them with passion and determination.”
“Make your dreams a priority, they are the keys to unlocking your true potential.”
“The road to your dreams may be filled with challenges, but don’t let them stop you.”
“Follow your dreams, and the universe will conspire to help you achieve them.”
“Dreams are not just for sleeping, they are for living.”
“Let your dreams guide you to a life of purpose, happiness, and fulfillment.”
“Take the leap of faith and follow your dreams, you never know where they may take you.”
“Your dreams are a reflection of your soul, so follow them with all your heart.”
“Don’t settle for anything less than your dreams.”
“Chasing your dreams requires courage, determination, and a never-give-up attitude.”
“Your dreams are the blueprint to your future, so build it with care.”
“Dreams come true when you believe in yourself and take action.”
“Every step towards your dreams is a step closer to living a life you love.”
“Don’t be afraid to follow your dreams, they are the keys to unlocking your full potential.”
“The journey to your dreams may be difficult, but never forget the reward at the end.”
“Your dreams are not just for you, they are for the world, so follow them with pride.”
“Your dreams are like a compass, they will always lead you in the right direction.”
“Take control of your life and follow your dreams, they are your destiny.”
“Chasing your dreams will bring you joy, fulfillment, and a sense of purpose.”
“Dreams are not just a wish, they are a call to action, so answer it.”
“Don’t let other people’s opinions hold you back from following your dreams.”
“Your dreams are a reflection of who you are, so follow them with confidence and grace.”
Quotes to Follow Your Dreams | Follow Your Dreams Quotes
P.S. Get free downloads, checklists, inspirational emails & more when you sign up for our Free Resource Library!