Although with enough time, experience, and mistakes, you’ll come to learn your own life lessons, it can be immensely helpful to also learn from other people’s experiences so you can perhaps make your journey a little easier or your learning curve a little shorter. Here are 50+ important quotes about life lessons.
50+ Important Quotes About Life Lessons
There are many possible lessons to be learned in life, but there’s one in particular that can help guide you in the decisions you make as you journey through life. Here’s one life lesson you need to know before we get to the quotes. 😉
I was recently watching a video from Gary Vaynerchuk, a serial entrepreneur and speaker, and he was asked a question about what you should do if you’re not naturally an “early bird” if you want to get the worm, so to speak.
What if your wings are shorter? What if you can’t be an early bird?
What do you do then?
He basically said this: if you know your wings are shorter, wake up earlier.
Say, “I know my wings are shorter than most birds, so I’m just going to wake up earlier and work harder.”
I think it’s an important life lesson that it’s more important to know yourself and know what works for YOU rather than just doing what everyone else does. What works or feels right for most people might not work for you.
It doesn’t mean there’s something wrong with you, it just means that you can do things differently.
If you know that it takes you more time and practice to learn something than other people, then take that into account. If it’s taking everyone else 1,000 hours to learn a certain skill, allow yourself at least 10,000 hours (these are just made up numbers ;)). Know yourself, and don’t get discouraged if your journey doesn’t look like someone else’s journey.
If you know that you need to actually do something hands-on to learn and reading from a book isn’t going to get you anywhere, then do that. Do what you need to do to make it happen.
It doesn’t matter what everyone else is doing or how long it takes other people to accomplish the same thing: all you have to do is know yourself and honor that.
Your journey is unfolding just the way it should.
Trust that, keep your chin up, and never give up.
Inspirational Life Lesson Quotes
1. “But one of the big lessons I have learned from my journey is you can’t please everyone, so don’t try.” – Chris Colfer
2. “To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, to draw closer, to find each other and to feel. That is the purpose of life.” – The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty
3. “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” – Soren Kierkegaard
4. “A great attitude becomes a great day which becomes a great month which becomes a great year which becomes a great life.” – Mandy Hale
5. “You can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.” – The Notebook
6. “Don’t let anyone ever make you feel like you don’t deserve what you want.” – Heath Ledger
7. “We are who we choose to be.” – Green Goblin
8. “Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way.” – Al Franken
9. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
10. “Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing.” – Denis Waitley
11. “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.” – Oprah Winfrey
12. “After a while, you learn to ignore the names people call you and just trust who you are.” – Shrek
13. “I made a resolve then that I was going to amount to something if I could. And no hours, nor amount of labor, nor amount of money would deter me from giving the best that there was in me. And I have done that ever since, and I win by it. I know.” – Harland Sanders
14. “In every success story, you will find someone who has made a courageous decision.” – Peter F. Drucker
15. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” – Robert Frost
16. “Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out.” – Jack Buck
More Quote Posts:
- Caring Quotes
- Quotes About Being Positive
- Quotes About Believing in Yourself
- Quotes About the Universe
- Quotes About Light
17. “Whenever you want to achieve something, keep your eyes open, concentrate and make sure you know exactly what it is you want. No one can hit their target with their eyes closed.” – Paulo Coelho
18. “Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.” – Rita Mae Brown
19. “Close some doors today. Not because of pride, incapacity or arrogance, but simply because they lead you nowhere.” – Paulo Coelho
20. “When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.” – Maya Angelou
21. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them―that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” – Lao Tzu
22. “Short cuts make long delays.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
23. “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
24. “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.” – Vernon Saunders Law
25. “And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln
26. “Don’t let what you can’t do stop you from doing what you can do.” – John Wooden
More Sayings About Life Lessons
“Life is the greatest teacher, but it is up to us to learn its lessons.”
“The only way to grow is to learn from our mistakes and never give up.”
“Life lessons are often learned the hard way, but they shape us into the person we are meant to be.”
“Experience is the best teacher, but sometimes the lessons are painful.”
“It’s not about avoiding failures, it’s about learning from them and moving forward.”
“Life is a journey, and every step teaches us something new.”
“The lessons we learn in life are not just for our own growth, but for the benefit of those around us.”
“It’s not what happens to us in life that shapes us, but how we choose to respond to it.”
“The struggles we face in life are opportunities to learn and grow, not roadblocks to our success.”
“Life lessons are like a roadmap, guiding us to the destination of our dreams.”
“No matter how old you are, life will always have something to teach you.”
“The greatest life lessons are often learned through adversity, but it’s up to us to find the strength to persevere.”
“The best way to prepare for the future is to learn from the past.”
“Life is a school, and every day is a new opportunity to learn and grow.”
“Every person we meet in life has something to teach us, it’s up to us to be open to their lessons.”
“Life’s lessons are meant to be shared, not hoarded.”
“The more we learn from life, the more wisdom we gain and the better equipped we are to handle its challenges.”
“Life’s lessons are meant to be learned over and over again, until they become part of who we are.”
“The most important life lessons are not what we are taught, but what we discover for ourselves.”
“Life is not just about what we achieve, it’s also about what we learn along the way.”
“The lessons of life are not just for our personal growth, but also for the growth of society as a whole.”
“Life is a teacher, but the greatest lessons come from our own experiences, not just what others tell us.”
“The best way to learn from life is to embrace every experience, both good and bad.”
“Life is a never-ending journey of growth and learning, and the lessons we learn are what shape us into the person we are meant to be.”
“The greatest life lesson of all is to never stop learning, for knowledge is the key to unlocking our full potential.”
P.S. Get free downloads, checklists, inspirational emails & more when you sign up for our Free Resource Library!