The journey of finding yourself and discovering who you really are deep down and what you like and dislike can be a lifelong undertaking, but finding yourself can help put you on the path in life you want to be on. Here are 30+ quotes about finding yourself and finding yourself quotes.
30+ Quotes About Finding Yourself | Finding Yourself Quotes
So, you don’t know what you’re doing with your life and you don’t know how to find yourself?
“You can’t know what the perfect path will be, you can’t know what the perfect you should be, you can’t know what your purpose in life is until it starts to uncover itself. You can’t know your destination until you get there. So instead of spinning your wheels with the unknowable, focus on what you actually have right in front of you. … There is a crazy amount of beauty to be noticed here, if you pay attention, before it slips away.
This is the practice. It isn’t easy. It isn’t certain. It is beautiful.” – Leo Babauta
Live in the present. Appreciate what you have in your life right now. Feel grateful for how far you’ve come, even if it doesn’t feel like you’ve made any progress.
You don’t have to figure this out overnight. In fact, you can’t think your way into the answers of finding yourself. You have to take action.
I like to call it taking inspired action. What do you feel like doing with your life right now?
I’m not asking you to commit to something for the rest of your life or pick a permanent career path on the spot. I’m just asking, what would be fun or enjoyable to you right now? Maybe there are a few different options you’re looking at as possible forks in the road.
Which one would make you the happiest and best version of you? That’s how you pick something. Not which one will make you the most money or bring you fame or prestige or status. What will make you happy? It’s that simple.
Ok, so you’ve made a decision. It doesn’t have to be forever. It’s just the choice you’re making right now.
Now actually go through with the decision and taking action. How does it feel? Are you excited about what you’re doing, or do you just trudge through it to get it over with so you can do something else?
If it’s not working, just correct your course and try something new.
Keep taking action until you figure out what you want. One small action step at a time.
Quotes About Finding Yourself in Life
1. “The only journey is the journey within.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
2. “People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates.” – Thomas Szasz
3. “Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” – Aristotle
4. “Not until we are lost do we being to understand ourselves.” – Henry David Thoreau
5. “I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
6. “One must know oneself. If this does not serve to discover truth, it at least serves as a rule of life, and there is nothing better.” – Blaise Pascal
More Finding Yourself Quotes | Sayings About Finding Yourself
7. “To find yourself, think for yourself.” – Socrates
8. “Don’t spend all of your time trying to FIND yourself. Spend your time CREATING yourself into a person that you’ll be proud of.” – Sonya Parker
9. “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” – Mohandas Gandhi
Related Quote Posts:
- 25 Inspirational Quotes About Life
- 18 Quotes About Disappointment
- 18 Important Quotes About Life Lessons
- 15 Quotes About Hope
- 25 Quotes About Not Giving Up
- 13 Quotes About Being Strong
10. “Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom.” – Lao Tzu
11. “Your real self may be hiding somewhere, look for it within, when you find yourself, you can freely be what you want to be.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
12. “Finding oneself and one’s path is like waking up on a foggy day. Be patient, and presently the fog will clear and that which has always been there can be seen. The path is already there to follow.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
13. “Find yourself first-like yourself first-love yourself FIRST & friendship & love will naturally find YOU.” – Mandy Hale
14. “Be who you are, and find yourself so you can be your own person and enjoy life with no regret.” – Bonnie Zackson Koury
15. “You’ve got to know yourself so you can at last be yourself.” – D. H. Lawrence
16. “Each man’s life represents a road toward himself.” – Herman Hesse
17. “I long, as does every human being, to be at home wherever I find myself.” – Maya Angelou
18. “When you fight yourself to discover the real you, there is only one winner.” – Stephen Richards
19. “Know, first, who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly.” – Epictetus
20. “One’s own self is well hidden from one’s own self; of all mines of treasure, one’s own is the last to be dug up.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
👉 Products We Recommend:
21. “A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.” – Jean de La Fontaine
22. “Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.” – Carl Jung
23. “You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need.” – Jerry Gillies
24. “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” – Henry David Thoreau
25. “For most men life is a search for the proper manila envelope in which to get themselves filed.” – Clifton Fadiman
26. “I know well what I am fleeing from but not what I am in search of.” – Michel de Montaigne
27. “Men go abroad to wonder at the heights of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of the rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motions of the stars, and they pass by themselves without wondering.” – St. Augustine
28. “You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.” – James A. Froude
29. “One was a book I read by Mahatma Gandhi. In it was a passage where he said that religion, the pursuing of the inner journey, should not be separated from the pursuing of the outer and social journey, because we are not isolated beings.” – Satish Kumar
30. “A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it.” – George Moore
31. “It is not only the most difficult thing to know oneself, but the most inconvenient one, too.” – H.W. Shaw
P.S. If you’d like more tips on finding yourself, check out our Figure Out Your Life class.
Finding Yourself in Life Quotes | Find Yourself Quotes
P.S. If you’re ready to improve your life and keep track of all your progress and goals, check out Your Best Life Planner. It’s a kit of 36 digital printables that help you plan your days with monthly, weekly, and daily planners, set goals, vision your future, create self care and gratitude lists, and so much more! Check it out here now and create your best life.