Being positive is simply a matter of choosing an optimistic attitude and mindset regardless of the situation. If you’re used to having a negative outlook, it can help to have short positive quotes and reminders about being more positive in your life. Here are 20+ quotes about being positive, or positivity quotes about life.
20+ Quotes About Being Positive
Being positive and looking on the bright side of life is a great way to be a happier person and have less stress.
For some it comes naturally and for others, it’s possible to learn how to be more optimistic. Here’s how to be more positive and optimistic.
I was watching Netflix’s version of A Series of Unfortunate Events and the narrator Lemony Snicket had a great line about optimism:
“An optimist is someone who loses an arm and says, ‘Oh boy! Half-priced manicures for life!'”
Maybe it was just really late at night, but I thought it was so funny and also a really admirable way of looking at life. Even if something terrible happens, there is always an optimistic way of looking at things.
Sometimes being an optimist isn’t really about whether you’re being realistic or logical or not, but just changing your mood and your perspective on things.
👉 Products We Recommend:
If a crocodile actually bit my arm off, I would probably be pretty upset at first and definitely not thinking about half-priced manicures for life, but if you can find something to be optimistic about – even if it’s ridiculous and just makes you laugh – you can take the power out of the negative event.
And that’s what it’s all about: sure, bad things will happen in life, but you get to decide how you react to them.
It reminds me of that classic story about boiling water.
If you have a pot of boiling water and you put in a carrot, an egg, or coffee grounds, they all react differently.
The circumstances (the boiling water) are exactly the same.
But how each one responds is completely different: if you put an egg in hot water, it hardens. If you put a carrot in hot water, it becomes soft and weak.
But if you put coffee grounds into hot water, it is transformed into something amazing – a delicious pot of coffee.
It’s the same way with people. When faced with difficult circumstances, some people harden and become bitter and cynical about the world. Some people soften and crumple under the pressure.
But some people use the adversity to make themselves a better person and grow from the experiences.
So ultimately, it’s not about the circumstances you face in life.
It’s about how you respond to them, and what you’re made of.
Positivity Quotes About Life
1. “Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.” – Marcus Aurelius
2. “If you are positive, you’ll see opportunities instead of obstacles.” – Widad Akrawi
3. “Positive thinking is empowering, positive action is achieving.” – Dr T. P. Chia
4. “Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive, good things and good people will be drawn to you.” – Mary Lou Retton
5. “The most important thing is to stay positive.” – Saku Koivu
6. “Staying positive does not mean that things will turn out okay. Rather it is knowing that YOU will be okay no matter how things turn out.” – Unknown
More Quote Posts:
- Caring Quotes
- Quotes About Being Positive
- Quotes About Believing in Yourself
- Quotes About the Universe
- Quotes About Light
7. “Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation.” – Michael Jordan
8. “Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.” – Zig Ziglar
9. “Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
More Positive Thoughts About Life
10. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
11. “People deal too much with the negative, with what is wrong. Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom?” – Thich Nhat Hanh
12. “A lot of times people look at the negative side of what they feel they can’t do. I always look on the positive side of what I can do.” – Chuck Norris
13. “You cannot change reality, but you can control the manner in which you look at things. Your attitude is under your own control. Weed out the negative and focus on the positive!” – Helen Steiner Rice
14. “The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.” – Winston Churchill
15. “In times of great stress or adversity, it’s always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive.” – Lee Iacocca
16. “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.” – Helen Keller
17. “Surround yourself with positive people and situations, and avoid negativity.” – Doreen Virtue
18. “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” – Winston Churchill
19. “Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.” – Willie Nelson
20. “In every day, there are 1,440 minutes. That means we have 1,440 daily opportunities to make a positive impact.” – Les Brown
21. “When you are enthusiastic about what you do, you feel this positive energy. It’s very simple.” – Paulo Coelho
Quotes About Being Positive | Being Positive Quotes for Life
P.S. Get free downloads, checklists, inspirational emails & more when you sign up for our Free Resource Library!