30+ Quotes About Changing the World
The idea of changing the world: is it a necessary ambition or just a pipe dream? No matter how you see it, one person can make an impact on the world in a way that ripples out way past their own circles. Here are 30+ quotes about changing the world.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel!
These quotes have a few different perspectives on what it means to “change the world” and whether or not it’s really possible.
Some people say that it’s our purpose to try and change the world, while others say that the only way to change the world is to start by changing yourself.
30+ Quotes About Changing the World | Change the World Quotes
1. “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” – Mother Teresa
2. “We must become the change we wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
3. “In order to change the world, you have to get your head together first.” – Jimi Hendrix
4. “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember you have within you the strength, the patience and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” – Harriet Tubman
5. “Things don’t have to change the world to be important.” – Steve Jobs
6. “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” – Rumi
Products We Recommend:
7. “We can change the world one thought at a time, one child at a time, one family at a time, one community at a time, one city, one state and one country at a time.” – Bryant McGill
8. “When you inspire one person you have already changed the world.” – Sabina Nore
9. “Be what you are. Do what you love. Speak what you feel. Don’t hide your humanity. Celebrate it. Embrace it. That is how you change the world.” – Vironika Tugaleva
10. “If there is no transformation inside of us, all the structural change in the world will have no impact on our institutions.” – Peter Block
11. “The only way we can change our world is to take responsibility for our part in it.” – Rachael Bermingham
12. “Let us pick up our books and our pens. They are our most powerful weapons. One child, one teacher, one book, and one pen can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
13. “Choose your corner, pick away at it carefully, intensely and to the best of your ability and that way you might change the world.” – Charles Eames
14. “The only way we can change our world is to take responsibility for our part in it.” – Rachael Bermingham
15. “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
16. “Whatever change you desire for the world, create that change in your own life. You are here for a purpose. Seek it out. Hunt it down.” – Matthew Kelly
17. “Never forget that you are one of a kind. Never forget that if there weren’t any need for you in all your uniqueness to be on this earth, you wouldn’t be here in the first place. And never forget, no matter how overwhelming life’s challenges and problems seem to be, that one person can make a difference in the world. In fact, it is always because of one person that all the changes that matter in the world come about. So be that one person.” – Buckminster Fuller
18. “It takes a different value system if you wish to change the world.” – Jacques Fresco
19. “We have it in our power to change the world over.” – Thomas Paine
20. “When we have inner peace, we can be at peace with those around us. When our community is in a state of peace, it can share that peace with neighboring communities.” – Dalai Lama
21. “Yes, it is love that will save our world and our civilization, love, even for enemies.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
22. “When you do nothing, you feel overwhelmed and powerless. But when you get involved, you feel the sense of hope and accomplishment that comes from knowing you are working to make things better.” – Pauline R. Kezer
23. “Don’t underestimate the power of your vision to change the world. Whether that world is your office, your community, an industry or a global movement, you need to have a core belief that what you contribute can fundamentally change the paradigm or way of thinking about problems.” – Leroy Hood
24. “You change the world by being yourself.” – Yoko Ono
25. “The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways: the point, however, is to change it.” – Karl Marx
More Quote Posts:
- Caring Quotes
- Quotes About Being Positive
- Quotes About Believing in Yourself
- Quotes About the Universe
- Quotes About Light
26. “The good inside of all of us is wrapped in a layer of apathy, and we forget how much potential we have within us, in each and every one of us, to change the world for the better for ourselves and our children, and thus to bring about oneness.” – Shari Arison
27. “How wonderful that no one need wait a single moment to improve the world.” – Anne Frank
28. “We can change the world and make it a better place. It is in your hands to make a difference.” – Nelson Mandela
29. “A tiny change today brings a dramatically different tomorrow.” – Richard Bach
30. “History shows us that the people who end up changing the world – the great political, social, scientific, technological, artistic, even sports revolutionaries – are always nuts until they are right, and then they are geniuses.” – John Eliot
31. “I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself.” – Aldous Huxley
32. “The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” – Albert Einstein
33. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” – William James
Changing the World Quotes | Quotes for Changing the World
P.S. Get free downloads, checklists, inspirational emails & more when you sign up for our Free Resource Library!