As a West Coast girl, I never understood why people loved fall; it seemed like every other season in LA. But one day in college when I was on a road trip, we were driving through the mountains of Virginia when I finally understood the beauty and inspiration of fall. Here are 30+ quotes about fall and quotes about autumn to inspire you in this pumpkin spice season. 🙂
30 Quotes About Fall and Autumn | Inspirational Fall Quotes
While we were driving, I looked out over the mountains (Virginia must be where they got the phrase “purple mountain’s majesty”) and clusters of beautiful red, gold, and orange trees, and I understood why people love fall. I live on the West Coast again now, but I can see a little bit of fall starting to peek through in the trees each day. First, here are some of my favorite things about fall:
👉 Products We Recommend:
- Weighted Blanket
- Happy Light
- Essential Oils
- Natural Calm
- Your Best Life Planner
- C B D Oil – use code RESILIENT for 10% off!
1. Salted caramel mochas at Starbucks
These are really good. There’s also pumpkin spice lattes if you’re a fan of pumpkin. Ooh, also their hot apple cider is really good!
2. Pretty orange pumpkins
Every time I go grocery shopping I see a mountain of little orange pumpkins at the front of the store and I’m tempted to get one just because it’s pretty and looks like fall, even though I know I won’t have any trick-or-treaters for Halloween. Pumpkins make pretty, cheerful decorations.
3. State fairs
Ahh, state fairs are the best. Mostly for eating everything. I went to the state fair a few years ago and ate everything from deep fried Kool-aid to deep fried Reese’s Cups. Basically just deep fried everything.
4. Leaves turning colors
I love watching the trees change colors as fall goes on and the months pass by. Orange, red, and yellow. Beautiful colors everywhere.
Even though people would probably hide their children if I tried to go trick-or-treating at this age, I still like the spirit of Halloween. Sometimes I dress up and every year I definitely eat all the candy. (This whole list is basically about food).
I like Thanksgiving mostly for the food. Oh, I mean spending time with my family and loved ones. And definitely making stuffing with several sticks of butter. There’s that too.
I hope this list makes you smile a little about what you have to look forward to in the upcoming months.
Now here are some inspirational fall quotes and autumn quotes: 🍁
1. “Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree.”
– Emily Brontë
2. “Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.”
– Albert Camus
3. “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”
– L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
4. “Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.”
– F. Scott Fitzgerald | Inspirational Fall Quotes
5. “Anyone who thinks fallen leaves are dead has never watched them dancing on a windy day.”
– Shira Tamir
6. “There is something incredibly nostalgic and significant about the annual cascade of Autumn leaves.”
– Joe. L. Wheeler
More Inspirational Quote Posts:
- 25 Inspirational Quotes About Life
- 18 Quotes About Disappointment
- 18 Important Quotes About Life Lessons
- 15 Quotes About Hope
- 25 Quotes About Not Giving Up
- 13 Quotes About Being Strong
More Quotes About Fall and Quotes About Autumn
7. “Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale.”
– Lauren Destefano
8. “Notice that autumn is more the season of the soul than of nature.”
– Friedrich Nietzsche
9. “Autumn mornings: sunshine and crisp air, birds and calmness, year’s end and day’s beginnings.”
– Terri Guillemets | Autumn Morning Quotes
10. “Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year.”
– Chad Sugg
11. “Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting, and autumn a mosaic of them all.”
– Stanley Horowitz
12. “Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple.”
– JK Rowling
13. “And all at once, summer collapsed into fall.”
– Oscar Wilde
14. “I loved Autumn, the one season of the year that God seemed to have put there just for the beauty of it.”
– Lee Maynard
15. “It was a beautiful, bright autumn day, with air like cider and a sky so blue you could drown in it.”
– Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
More Autumn Quotes and Quotes for Fall
16. “There is something incredibly nostalgic and significant about the annual cascade of autumn leaves.”
– Joe L. Wheeler | Autumn Leaves Quotes
17. “And the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep and autumn was awakened.”
– Raquel Franco
18. “Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.” – George Eliot | Autumn Quotations
19. “Autumn… the year’s last, loveliest smile.” – William Cullen Bryant
20. “Dancing of the autumn laves on a surface of a lake is a dream we see when we are awake.” – Mehmet Murat Idles
21. “Autumn is the mellower season, and what we lose in flowers we more than gain in fruits.” – Samuel Butler
22. “Listen! The wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves, we have had our summer evenings, now for October eves.” – Humbert Wolfe
23. “Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons.” – Jim Bishop
24. “A fallen leaf is nothing more than a summer’s wave goodbye.” – Unknown
Changing Season Autumn Quotes | Quotes for Autumn and Fall
25. “Don’t you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.” – Nora Ephron
26. “Autumn leaves are falling, filling up the streets; golden colors on the lawn, nature’s trick or treat!” – Rusty Fischer
27. “Spring passes and one remembers one’s innocence. Summer passes and one remembers one’s exuberance. Autumn passes and one remembers one’s reverence. Winter passes and one remembers one’s perseverance.” – Yoko Ono
28. “Autumn is the hardest season. The leaves are all falling, and they’re falling like they’re falling in love with the ground.” – Andrea Gibson
29. “No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.” – John Donne
30. “I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
If you would like more inspirational quotes and tips, check out our 365 Recovery Tips.
Fall Season Quotes | Autumn Season Quotes
P.S. If you’re ready to improve your life and keep track of all your progress and goals, check out Your Best Life Planner. It’s a kit of 36 digital printables that help you plan your days with monthly, weekly, and daily planners, set goals, vision your future, create self care and gratitude lists, and so much more! Check it out here now and create your best life.