When you need a little encouragement, you can draw on your reserve of inner strength and hope. No matter how dark it gets, you always have a little wellspring of strength inside you, even if it doesn’t feel like it. 😃 Here are 20+ quotes about inner strength and strength from within quotes.
20+ Quotes About Inner Strength | Strength from Within Quotes
1. “I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence but it comes from within. It is there all the time.” – Anna Freud
2. “We acquire the strength we have overcome.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson | Strength Within Quotes
3. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
4. “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face … You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt | Inner Strength Quotes
5. “Go within every day and find the inner strength so that the world will not blow your candle out. ” – Katherine Dunham
6. “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” – Mahatma Gandhi
👉 Products We Recommend:
- Weighted Blanket
- Happy Light
- Essential Oils
- Natural Calm
- Your Best Life Planner
- C B D Oil – use code RESILIENT for 10% off!
7. “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” – Marcus Aurelius
8. “In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.” – Albert Camus
9. “Courage isn’t having the strength to go on – it is going on when you don’t have strength.” – Napoleon
10. “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” – Viktor Frankl
11. “We draw our strength from the very despair in which we have been forced to live. We shall endure.” – Cesar Chavez
12. “When you are required to exhibit strength, it comes.” – Joseph Campbell
13. “In the darkest hour the soul is replenished and given strength to continue and endure.” – Unknown
Related Posts About Inspirational Quotes:
- 25 Inspirational Quotes About Life
- 18 Quotes About Disappointment
- 18 Important Quotes About Life Lessons
- 15 Quotes About Hope
- 25 Quotes About Not Giving Up
- 13 Quotes About Being Strong
More Inner Strength Quotes | Strength from Within Quotes
14. “One small crack does not mean that you are broken, it means that you were put to the test and you didn’t fall apart.” – Linda Poindexter
15. “Hard times build determination and inner strength. Through them we can also come to appreciate the uselessness of anger. Instead of getting angry nurture a deep caring and respect for troublemakers because by creating such trying circumstances they provide us with invaluable opportunities to practice tolerance and patience.” – Dalai Lama
16. “Anyone can give up; it is the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone would expect you to fall apart, now that is true strength.” – Chris Bradford
17. “If they hadn’t tried to break me down, I wouldn’t know that I’m unbreakable.” – Gabourey Sidibe | Quotes About Emotional Strength
18. “It is worth remembering that the time of greatest gain in terms of wisdom and inner strength is often that of greatest difficulty.” – Dalai Lama
19. “The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt.” – Max Lerner
20. “Physical strength is measured by what we carry. Inner strength is measured by what we can bear.” – Anonymous
21. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
22. “Strength is a capacity for endurance. One of the dividends of suffering is the universal discovery the we posses a strength within us we never knew we had. Navigating through a difficult episode not only shows us that inner strength is there but convinces us it will always be there to serve us in the future. Overcoming gives us an assurance of personal confidence and value that far exceeds what we thought we possessed before our struggles began.” – Dennis Wholey
23. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
You’re Not Broken | Inner Strength
You’re not broken, beautiful, you just need to see yourself in a new light.
A while ago I broke my website. Resilient, that is.
And I was really upset. Because I was worried that people would see it [and judge me], and I was upset because it wasn’t the first time I’d broken it. More like the hundredth.
I spent eight hours programming yesterday and all I managed to accomplish was digging myself into an even deeper hole.
But this morning I dug myself out.
It’s amazing how much giving yourself a few hours or a day to think things over can change your perspective and open up new possibilities.
And I realized, sometime during the time when I fixed it this morning, that it was never really broken at all. And what I first thought to be hopeless wasn’t after all – the answers were just hiding a layer deeper.
I believe the same thing about human beings. You’re not broken, beautiful, you just need to see yourself in a new light.
Because when something appears hopeless on the outside, it’s not. The answers are just hiding a layer deeper.
You’re not broken, and you don’t need fixing. Despite what other people might have told you.
When I was younger, I used to think I was a broken person. That there was something fundamentally wrong with me that could never be fixed. Some of this was my own thinking, but a lot of it was because other people – bullies – tried to make me feel like there was something wrong with me for being different.
But I’ve come to realize that there’s nothing actually wrong with any of us. We’re all different, but that doesn’t mean we’re wrong.
Maybe you feel like you’re broken because other people have made you feel that way. But we’re all a little broken, which means that none of us are really broken. We’re just sharing in the human experience.
And even if you want to work on improving yourself and your life, that doesn’t mean that what you’re starting with is somehow broken or needs to be fixed. You’re just making gradual, small improvements.
If you’re on a journey of self improvement, be careful to focus on just enhancing and improving what you already have rather than trying to “fix” yourself. There is nothing wrong with you, and you don’t need to take a sledgehammer to your life.
Be gentle with yourself. You already have all the answers inside you. You just need a little guidance to discover them for yourself.
Don’t worry abut comparing yourself to other people. They’re on their own journey, and you’re on yours. Because we’re all different, our journeys will never look exactly the same, and that’s a beautiful thing.
Did you ever see the movie The Pursuit of Happyness? All through that movie, I was really worried for Will Smith’s character. Because I believed, as the movie wanted us to believe, that things were hopeless. But his character never gave up hope. By the end of the movie, he had turned his life around from being homeless on the streets to getting a job as a stock broker.
So instead of thinking about things the way you always have, how can you see this situation differently? If you were a happy version of yourself, how would you approach this?
Sometimes it’s all a matter of seeing things in a different light.
P.S. If you’d like more ways to let go of the negativity in your life, check out our 30 Day Negativity Detox.
Inner Strength Quotes | Strength Within Quotes
P.S. If you’re ready to improve your life and keep track of all your progress and goals, check out Your Best Life Planner. It’s a kit of 36 digital printables that help you plan your days with monthly, weekly, and daily planners, set goals, vision your future, create self care and gratitude lists, and so much more! Check it out here now and create your best life.