If you are facing a challenge or tribulation in life, having a little inspiration and wisdom in your pocket can help you stay strong. Here are 18 quotes about being strong.
“Maybe you have to know the darkness before you can appreciate the light.” — Madeleine L’Engle
A few years ago my life was a mess.
I was depressed, lonely, lost, and scared.
Things in my life fell apart.
But it was only in hitting rock bottom that I started to find happiness again.
I found joy in the ruins.
There are certain events in life that are enough to shake you out of your normal life and serve as a wake up call: are we happy with the way things are? If not, what can we do about it?
Sometimes the worst things in our life lead us to the best things.
Although it would’ve been nice to never be depressed in the first place, what I went through shaped me into the joyful person that I am today. I understand other people’s pain more now that I’ve had my own dark days.
Somewhere in the darkness, I was able to find the light. Sometimes you have to become the light in your own darkness.
Either way, I learned so much about life and the human experience from it. I wouldn’t want to relive those years, but I’m thankful for what I got out of it.
And chances are, what you’re going through right now will do the same.
You have a choice when you go through something painful: it can make you better, or it can make you bitter.
It’s your choice.
Which do you choose?
Related Quote Posts:
- 25 Inspirational Quotes About Life
- 18 Quotes About Disappointment
- 18 Important Quotes About Life Lessons
- 15 Quotes About Hope
- 25 Quotes About Not Giving Up
18 Quotes About Being Strong | Being Strong Quotes
1. “Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.” – Susan Gale
2. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
3. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
4. “The most beautiful people I’ve known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
5. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
6. “Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – A. A. Milne
7. “I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection.” – Thomas Paine
8. “Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.” – Thomas Carlyle
9. “Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger.” – John F Kennedy
10. “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” – Mahatma Gandhi
11. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go trough hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Unknown Author
12. “A woman is like a tea bag – only in hot water do you realize how strong she is.” – Nancy Reagan
13. “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
14. “We acquire the strength we have overcome.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
15. “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face … You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
16. “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” – Marcus Aurelius
17. “We draw our strength from the very despair in which we have been forced to live. We shall endure.” – Cesar Chavez
18. The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt.” – Max Lerner
If you would like more inspirational quotes and tips, check out our 365 Recovery Tips.