If you are facing a challenge or tribulation in life, having a little inspiration and wisdom in your pocket can help you stay strong. When you need a little encouragement, you can draw on your reserve of inner strength and hope. No matter how dark it gets, you always have a little wellspring of strength inside you, even if it doesn’t feel like it. ? Here are 40+ quotes about being strong, quotes about inner strength, and strength from within quotes.
There are certain events in life that are enough to shake you out of your normal life and serve as a wake up call: are you happy with the way things are? If not, what can you do about it?
Sometimes the worst things in our life lead us to the best things.
Sometimes you have to become the light in your own darkness. If you can’t find the light, BE the light.
And chances are, what you’re going through right now can do the same.
You have a choice when you go through difficult times: it can make you better, or it can make you bitter.
It’s your choice: which do you choose?
40+ Quotes About Being Strong | Inner Strength Quotes
1. “I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence but it comes from within. It is there all the time.” – Anna Freud
2. “We acquire the strength we have overcome.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
4. “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face … You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
5. “Go within every day and find the inner strength so that the world will not blow your candle out. ” – Katherine Dunham
6. “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Products We Recommend:
7. “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” – Marcus Aurelius
8. “In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.” – Albert Camus
9. “Courage isn’t having the strength to go on – it is going on when you don’t have strength.” – Napoleon
10. “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” – Viktor Frankl
11. “We draw our strength from the very despair in which we have been forced to live. We shall endure.” – Cesar Chavez
12. “When you are required to exhibit strength, it comes.” – Joseph Campbell
13. “In the darkest hour the soul is replenished and given strength to continue and endure.” – Unknown
More Inner Strength Quotes | Strength from Within Quotes
14. “One small crack does not mean that you are broken, it means that you were put to the test and you didn’t fall apart.” – Linda Poindexter
15. “Hard times build determination and inner strength. Through them we can also come to appreciate the uselessness of anger. Instead of getting angry nurture a deep caring and respect for troublemakers because by creating such trying circumstances they provide us with invaluable opportunities to practice tolerance and patience.” – Dalai Lama
16. “Anyone can give up; it is the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone would expect you to fall apart, now that is true strength.” – Chris Bradford
17. “If they hadn’t tried to break me down, I wouldn’t know that I’m unbreakable.” – Gabourey Sidibe
18. “It is worth remembering that the time of greatest gain in terms of wisdom and inner strength is often that of greatest difficulty.” – Dalai Lama
19. “The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt.” – Max Lerner
20. “Physical strength is measured by what we carry. Inner strength is measured by what we can bear.” – Anonymous
21. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
22. “Strength is a capacity for endurance. One of the dividends of suffering is the universal discovery the we posses a strength within us we never knew we had. Navigating through a difficult episode not only shows us that inner strength is there but convinces us it will always be there to serve us in the future. Overcoming gives us an assurance of personal confidence and value that far exceeds what we thought we possessed before our struggles began.” – Dennis Wholey
23. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
Inner Strength Quotes | Strength Within Quotes
24. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
25. “Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger.” – John F Kennedy
26. “Flexibility makes buildings to be stronger, imagine what it can do to your soul.” – Carlos Barrios
27. “The most beautiful people I’ve known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
28. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
29. “Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – A. A. Milne
30. “I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection.” – Thomas Paine
31. “Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.” – Thomas Carlyle
More Quote Posts:
- Caring Quotes
- Quotes About Being Positive
- Quotes About Believing in Yourself
- Quotes About the Universe
- Quotes About Light
32. “Be strong, believe in who you are; be strong, believe in what you feel.” – Melissa Etheridge
33. “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” – Mahatma Gandhi
34. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go trough hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Unknown Author
35. “A woman is like a tea bag – only in hot water do you realize how strong she is.” – Nancy Reagan
36. “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
37. “We acquire the strength we have overcome.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
38. “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face … You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
39. “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” – Marcus Aurelius
40. “We draw our strength from the very despair in which we have been forced to live. We shall endure.” – Cesar Chavez
41. The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt.” – Max Lerner
42. “Maybe you have to know the darkness before you can appreciate the light.” — Madeleine L’Engle
43. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
44. “Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.” – Susan Gale
Be Strong Quotes | Quotations About Being Strong
P.S. Get free downloads, checklists, inspirational emails & more when you sign up for our Free Resource Library!