Healing can mean different things in different situations, whether it’s healing a wound or disease or healing the feeling of an empty spirit. Here are 15+ inspirational healing quotes to soothe your soul.
Many of these healing quotes are from Louise Hay’s You Can Heal Your Life book. As a heads up, it’s a fairly “woo woo” and New Age type of book (similar to The Secret), but she does have a lot of good things to say about how your thoughts create your reality, and how to let go of hurt from the past.
15+ Inspirational Healing Quotes | Quotes About Healing
1. “Healing is the application of love.” – Iyanla Vanzant
2. “The greatest healing would be to wake up from what we are not.” – Mooji
3. “When we create peace and harmony and balance in our minds, we will find it in our lives.” – Louise Hay
4. “In every community there is work to be done. In every nation, there are wounds to heal. In every heart there is the power to do it.” – Marianne Williamson
5. “Forgiveness means giving up, letting go. It has nothing to do with condoning behavior. It’s just letting the whole thing go. We do not have to know HOW to forgive. All we need to do is to be WILLING to forgive.” – Louise Hay
6. “All healing is first a healing of the heart.” – Carl Townsend
7. “Our sorrows and wounds are healed only when we touch them with compassion.” – Buddha
8. “I find that when we really love and accept and APPROVE OF OURSELVES EXACTLY AS WE ARE, then everything in life works.” – Louise Hay
9. “Meditation can help us embrace our worries, our fear, our anger; and that is very healing. We let our own natural capacity of healing do the work.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
How to Heal the Unhealed Places
You can always tell when you have an unhealed place in your life.
It’s those memories that make you cry, years after they’re over. The people you remember fondly. The places you lived, the experiences you had. The past hurts and pain and insecurities.
If thinking about something makes you cry, it’s an unhealed place.
Since living on my own, I’ve discovered many of these unhealed places in my life. While I can say that I’m genuinely happy and not depressed anymore, certain memories still haunt me. Thinking about the really depressed times in my life makes me feel vulnerable and raw, and like I’ve been cracked open all over again.
But sometimes you have to dredge up the past. If you keep it hidden away, repressed and shameful, you can’t truly heal on a deep level. Trying to forget something painful that happened doesn’t make it go away, it just makes you hurt in new and different ways. Sometimes our emotional pain comes out as physical pain. Or if you don’t realize how hurt you are, you start lashing out at your loved ones without intending to.
When we leave things unhealed, it brings more pain to our life.
So what do you do? You heal those unhealed places. (But only when you feel like you’re ready and you want to).
You dare to go to those places where you have to tread lightly. You let yourself feel all the emotions that come up when you think of those memories, and you let it wash over you like an ocean. And when it’s over, you feel a little naked. Like maybe some of your shell has been cracked open, or the layers of an onion have been peeled off. You forgive whoever needs forgiving (including yourself), and you honor whatever feelings come up for you. You don’t try to force anything to get better or micromanage your emotions, but let a resolution unfold in its own time. You love yourself, no matter what.
And over time, you feel less naked. You start to heal, and new layers form on top to protect the raw skin. The scab is gone, and you can heal for good this time. But only when you’re ready.
More Quotes of Healing | Quotes for Healing
10. “Self-approval and self-acceptance in the now are the main keys to positive changes in every area of our lives. Loving the self, to me, begins with never ever criticizing ourselves for anything. Criticism locks us into the very pattern we are trying to change. Understanding and being gentle with ourselves helps us to move out of it.” – Louise Hay
11. “Healing doesn’t mean the damage never existed. It means the damage no longer controls your life.” – Akshay Dubey
12. “We do not heal the past by dwelling there; we heal the past by living fully in the present.” – Marianne Williamson
13. “To heal is to touch with love that which we previously touched with fear.” – Stephen Levine
14. “You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise Hay
15. “It’s not all about healing yourself; it’s just as importantly about letting yourself heal.” – Terri Guillemets
16. “Of one thing I am certain, the body is not the measure of healing, peace is the measure.” – Phyllis McGinley
17. “Love one another and help others to rise to the higher levels, simply by pouring out love. Love is infectious and the greatest healing energy.” – Sai Baba
18. “Awareness is the first step in healing.” – Dean Ornish
19. “The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.” – Marianne Williamson
20. “Laughter is important, not only because it makes us happy, it also has actual health benefits. And that’s because laughter completely engages the body and releases the mind. It connects us to others, and that in itself has a healing effect.” – Marlo Thomas
21. “The place of true healing is a fierce place. It’s a giant place. It’s a place of monstrous beauty and endless dark and glimmering light. And you have to work really, really, really hard to get there, but you can do it.” – Cheryl Strayed
22. “I’ve experienced several different healing methodologies over the years – counseling, self-help seminars, and I’ve read a lot – but none of them will work unless you really want to heal.” – Lindsay Wagner
If you would like more inspirational quotes and tips, check out our 365 Recovery Tips.
Healing Quotes | Heal Your Life Quotes | Quotes for Healing
P.S. If you’re ready to improve your life and keep track of all your progress and goals, check out Your Best Life Planner. It’s a kit of 36 digital printables that help you plan your days with monthly, weekly, and daily planners, set goals, vision your future, create self care and gratitude lists, and so much more! Check it out here now and create your best life.