At the beginning of a decluttering journey, it can feel overwhelming to see how much stuff you have to go through, declutter, and possibly get rid of. One way to make the process easier and build up some small wins for yourself is to start by decluttering things that you won’t even notice. Here are 17 things you can declutter without missing.
You can sell the stuff you declutter with the free Decluttr app here.
This post was originally published on my blog Tuxedo Cats and Coffee.
Personally I love decluttering because once your home is clutter-free, it takes so much less time to clean and it feels a lot less stressful to have a simple, neat, clean home. Your outer environment is a reflection of your inner world. 🙂
- 12+ Dollar Store Organizing Ideas
- 20 Ways to Organize Your Home
- 17 Rules for Getting Organized and Decluttered
- How to Organize Plastic Bags
- 38 Ways to Declutter Your Digital Life Today
Things You Can Declutter Without Missing
- Old magazines (if you still get this in the mail, consider cancelling and switching to digital to stop the influx of new paper clutter)
- Books you’ve read and don’t want to read again (consider getting digital books in the future to save space)
- Outdated newspapers (if you still get this in the mail, consider cancelling and switching to digital)
- Expired food
- Ripped clothing, clothes that don’t fit right, etc. (Try selling them easily online with Thredup)
- Things that need to be recycled
- Packaging that should be recycled or thrown away
- Anything broken that can’t be repaired
- If you have things that are almost used up but still have a little left, use them up and get rid of them
- Old electronics that don’t work (recycle them with an e-waste program)
- Random things in the junk drawer
- Schoolwork from years ago
- Bills from several years ago
- Spam email. Learn how to declutter and organize your email inbox.
- Expired coupons. Learn how I save money without coupons.
- Junk mail and catalogs
There you go! That’s 17 things you can declutter without missing. Start by going through and decluttering everything on this list and you’ll be on your way to a cleaner, neater, decluttered home. Good luck! 🙂
This post is an excerpt from our ebook Organize Your Home.