Being brave isn’t about never being afraid but taking action in spite of your fear. Here are 13 quotes about bravery and quote about courage to inspire you to be a little braver today.
In the movies, bravery looks like battle cries and war songs and sacrifice, but in the real world courage can be a little quieter. It takes courage to get started, courage to keep going, and courage to not give up when things get tough.
Courage is a soft presence that comes into your life when you need a little push toward greatness.
Courage is the inner strength you muster up when you think you can’t go on another step or can’t bear to take another breath.
You can. And you will.
Courage doesn’t have to be a loud announcement or proclamation to the entire world. Courage can be little victories that you win only in your own mind.
Courage can be soft and gentle and quiet. Courage can be fierce loyalty and commitment to your values, beliefs, and dreams.
Courage is when you keep going, even when you want to give up. Courage is when you don’t give up, even if everyone else has given up on you. Courage is when you refuse to quit, and you keep trying until you figure out something that works.
It’s not always easy to have courage. Sometimes you’re scared and you just want to hide away from the world. Sometimes what you really need is to curl up under your blankets with a soft kitty and a warm cup of tea.
But after you’ve taken care of yourself and made sure that you’re ok, it’s time to dust yourself off and go back into the battle, whether that battle is fierce and loud or just made up of tiny little thoughts in your own mind.
Bravery comes in many different forms.
- 25 Inspirational Quotes About Life
- 18 Quotes About Disappointment
- 18 Important Quotes About Life Lessons
- 15 Quotes About Hope
- 25 Quotes About Not Giving Up
- 13 Quotes About Being Strong
13 Quotes About Bravery | Quotes about Courage
1. “Fear can keep a man out of danger but courage only can support him in it.” – Thomas Fuller
2. “If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.” – Seth Godin
3. “Great crisis produce great men and great deeds of courage.” – John F Kennedy
4. “Bravery is not a quality of the body. It is of the soul.” – Mahatma Gandhi
5. “Being brave means knowing that when you fail, you don’t fail forever.” – Lana Del Rey
6. “Courage doesn’t always roar; sometimes courage is the tiny voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
7. “Bravery is being the only one who knows you’re afraid.” – Franklin P. Jones
8. “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” – Nelson Mandela
9. “One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn’t do.” – Henry Ford
10. “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
11. “Moral excellence comes about as a result of habit. We become just by doing just acts, temperate by doing temperate acts, brave by doing brave acts.” – Aristotle
12. “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” – Anais Nin
13. “Life is not meant to be easy, my child; but take courage and it can be delightful.” – George Bernard Shaw
If you would like more inspirational quotes and tips, check out our 365 Recovery Tips.