This guest post was written by Nicola Stretton.
If you want to succeed in anything, you have to believe in yourself, work hard and keep going when times get tough. None of our leaders, heroes or idols got to where they are today without determination and an unwavering belief in their abilities.
15 Quotes About Persistence
- 25 Inspirational Quotes About Life
- 18 Quotes About Disappointment
- 18 Important Quotes About Life Lessons
- 15 Quotes About Hope
- 25 Quotes About Not Giving Up
- 13 Quotes About Being Strong
If you need some motivation, it’s always a good idea to read quotes by successful people. Below are fifteen of the most inspirational and poignant quotes about persistence and determination, all by individuals who overcame adversity to realise their dreams and achieve success in their lives.
1. “Never give in. Never, never, never, never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy”
-Sir Winston Churchill
2. “Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success”
3. “Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration”
4. “People are always blaming circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who get ahead in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can’t find them, make them”
-George Bernard Shaw
5. “Of the ten rules for success, the most important is hard work. The other nine are…more work”
6. “Drops of water hollow a rock not by force but by continuous dropping. Be persistent and success will be yours”
7. “Nothing in this world that’s worth having, comes easy”
-Dr Bob Kelso, Scrubs
8. “There ain’t no free lunches in this country. And don’t go spending your whole life commiserating that you got raw deals. You’ve got to say, ‘I think that if I keep working at this and want it bad enough I can have it’.”
9. “The tougher the job, the greater the reward”
10. “To be a champ, you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will”
-Sugar Ray Robinson
11. “Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm”
-Sir Winston Churchill
12. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure”
13. “Perseverance is failing nineteen times and succeeding on the twentieth”
14. “All great achievements require time”
15. “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent”
If you would like more inspirational quotes and tips, check out our 365 Recovery Tips.