Let this sink in: you don’t always get to control what happens in your life, but you do always get to choose your attitude and how you respond. Here are 15 quotes about choosing your attitude in life.
Choosing Your Attitude in Life: Why You’ll Always Find What You’re Looking For
I believe that once you make a choice to believe something, you’ll always find what you’re looking for. Both the good and the bad. Here’s why.
When you believe something about life – which ultimately starts with a choice to believe that – you’ll always find things that support your belief and subtly ignore things that contradict you. We want validation that our beliefs are real and true.
But what if your beliefs are negative? What if you believe that you’re fundamentally unlovable, or that no one wants to be your friend, or that life is always a struggle? You will, in fact, find just what you’re looking for. You’ll keep finding scenarios that “prove” that you’re unlovable or subconsciously sabotaging yourself in ways that make life back up your beliefs.
So is it really true that the world is out to get you and bad things always happen to you, or is that based on a few bad situations in the past that you’re replaying in your mind? If you search for the negative in life, you’ll always find it.
But if you search for the positive, you’ll find that too.
The world is neither good nor bad – it’s what we choose to see it as. There are bad things in the world and also good things happening around the clock.
If you want to believe that the world is a terrible place, then you’ll look for things that back up your belief, hang out with negative people, look for the bad in people, and look for things happening in the news that prove your point. You’ll be right, because you’re only looking for the bad.
But do you want to be right, or do you want to be happy?
You don’t have to live like that. There is a whole other side to the world that is a much brighter and kinder and more positive place to live – all you have to do is look hard enough. If you make the choice to believe the best in people and see life through a positive lens, you’ll always find what you’re looking for too. Because then when you hear about something good happening or you actively seek out positive people, you’ll be proving that belief instead.
So which side is true? Well, both are. But it’s very tiring to constantly dwell on the negativity in life, so why not choose to see the positive instead?
In our world, choosing to be happy and see the good in life is the greatest act of rebellion.
Related Quote Posts:
- 25 Inspirational Quotes About Life
- 18 Quotes About Disappointment
- 18 Important Quotes About Life Lessons
- 15 Quotes About Hope
- 25 Quotes About Not Giving Up
- 13 Quotes About Being Strong
15 Quotes About Choosing Your Attitude in Life
1. “Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.” – Charles Swindoll
2. “The mind is everything. What you think you become.” – Buddha
3. “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one’s own sunshine.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” – Stephen Covey
5. “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
6. “Everything has beauty, but not everyone can see.” – Confucius
7. “Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
8. “If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, you’ll never have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
9. “Adopting the right attitude can convert a negative stress into a positive one.” – Hans Selye
10. “It’s easy to get negative because you get beat down. You go through a few disappointments and it’s easy to stay in that negative frame of mind. Choosing to be positive and having a grateful attitude is a whole cliche, but your attitude is going to determine how you’re going to live your life.” – Joel Osteen
11. “Two men look out the same prison bars; one sees mud and the other stars.” – Frederick Langbridge
12. “It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect It’s successful outcome.” – William James
13. “It is your attitude, not your aptitude, that determines your altitude.” – Zig Ziglar
14. “Our attitude towards what has happened to us in life is the important thing to recognize. Once hopeless, my life is now hope-full, but it did not happen overnight. The last of human freedoms, to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, is to choose one’s own way.” – Victor Frankl
15. “Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be.” – Grandma Moses
P.S. If you’d like more ways to let go of the negativity in your life, check out our 30 Day Negativity Detox.