Kat Loterzo is one of my favorite butt-kicking coaches. Some of her stuff is a little, um, offensive (she drops the F-bomb every other word… was hard to find these quotes :)) so it’s not a great place to start if you’re really depressed and down on yourself, but if you feel decent but just need someone to hold you accountable and push you to do your best and follow your dreams (no excuses!), then Kat is perfect for that, whether your goal is to be happy or live life on your terms.
Would not recommend reading these if you’re feeling fragile or emotional. She really gets in your face.
- Is This Why You’re Feeling Unmotivated?
- 12 Motivational Songs for Bad Days
- The Only Two Secrets to Motivating Yourself You’ll Ever Need
- How to Become Self-Motivated
- 20 Quick Ways to Get Motivated Again
So, here are 13 butt-kicking motivational quotes from Kat Loterzo.
1. “You will never. Ever. EVER. Create success if you haven’t first fully defined it. In detail. To the letter. And based on PRECISELY what you actually want! Another way of saying it: if your dreams and goals are vague, then what you will GET will be vague.”
2. “Honestly the GREATEST key to success is deciding that what you want WILL happen. Just make sure you don’t leave out the description about what you want!! I know for me, when I ‘wanted something different,’ I got something different but it was NOT necessarily awesome.”
3. “The very fastest way to not get there, ever, is to constantly harp on about why you’re not there yet, and how you want to get there.”
4. “What’s more, it’s going to be at least a little bit painful because you’re going to have to quit stuff. Let go of the wrong things. And make space for the activities and tasks that truly matter.”
5. “Because if you don’t believe it can work for you – and belief is a CHOICE baby! Then it won’t work for you.”
6. “What we’re talking about is what happens when you make up your mind that something MATTERS ENOUGH FOR YOU TO CARE ABOUT IT. And when you care about it TRULY you WILL make it happen.”
7. “If there is ANY part of you instantly trying to make excuses or allowances or ANY sort of ‘reason’ why it’s outside of your control and things are just that way right now, then honey you are just gonna KEEP ON LEARNING THAT SAME LESSON. Aka: don’t expect anything to change sister.”
8. “Stop pretending you’re happy or content if you’re not. Lying to yourself is only going to hurt yourself and other people, and the aftermath could be ugly. In the end, you can’t outrun your own desires. They’re going to pull at you until you respond. So choose to give in now. Choose to make space to figure out who you really are. Choose to ignore what the world tells you will make you happy, fulfilled, and enough. Choose you and start now.”
9. “Open your mind to the reality that you are ALLOWED to live an extraordinary life! Decide right now, as of this very moment, that you are going to choose what you really want from life, and then you’re going to figure out how to get it. Making that decision is half the battle won!”
10. “You have to accept a life of uncertainty if you truly want to live a life that is exceptional.”
11. “If you truly want to make your dreams a reality, you’re going to need to deal with whatever the world throws at you to try to stop you from getting there. MOST of what you’ll have to deal with will come from YOU.”
12. “Know that when you feel as though everything about your life SUCKS and is so incredibly tough that you don’t know if you can keep going, stay the course. You’re exactly where you’re supposed to be.”
13. “Remember, most of the challenges and adversity you’ll face in trying to live your best life will come from within. It will be the little voice inside your head, the devil on your shoulder, the long-held belief patterns saying you can’t or aren’t good enough, that you don’t have what it takes, you’re not worthy, or you should be happy with your lot as it is.”
If you would like more inspirational quotes and tips, check out our 365 Recovery Tips.