These quotes are all from Louise Hay’s You Can Heal Your Life. It’s a fairly “woo woo” and New Age type of book and I don’t agree with all of it, but she does have a lot of good things to say about how your thoughts create your reality, and how to let go of hurt from the past.
1. “Each one of us creates our experiences by our thoughts and our feelings. The thoughts we think and the words we speak create our experiences.” – Louise Hay
2. “When we create peace and harmony and balance in our minds, we will find it in our lives.” – Louise Hay
3. “What you choose to think about yourself and about life becomes true for you.” – Louise Hay
4. “We may habitually think the same thought over and over so that it does not seem we are choosing the thought. But we did make the original choice.” – Louise Hay
5. “Forgiveness means giving up, letting go. It has nothing to do with condoning behavior. It’s just letting the whole thing go. We do not have to know HOW to forgive. All we need to do is to be WILLING to forgive.” – Louise Hay
6. “I find that when we really love and accept and APPROVE OF OURSELVES EXACTLY AS WE ARE, then everything in life works.” – Louise Hay
7. “Self-approval and self-acceptance in the now are the main keys to positive changes in every area of our lives. Loving the self, to me, begins with never ever criticizing ourselves for anything. Criticism locks us into the very pattern we are trying to change. Understanding and being gentle with ourselves helps us to move out of it.” – Louise Hay
8. “You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise Hay
9. “If a thought or belief does not serve you, let it go! There is no written law that says that because you once believed something, you have to continue to believe it forever.” – Louise Hay
10. “If we want a joyous life, we must think joyous thoughts. If we want a prosperous life, we must think prosperous thoughts. If we want a loving life, we must think loving thoughts. Whatever we send out mentally or verbally will come back to us in like form.” – Louise Hay
If you would like more inspirational quotes and tips, check out our 365 Recovery Tips.