A lot of being happy comes down to your personal beliefs about life and yourself. Here are 5 negative beliefs to declutter to be happier. Are any of these beliefs getting in the way of you being happy? Keep reading to find out.
5 Negative Beliefs to Declutter to Be Happier
1. “I won’t be happy no matter what I do.” You will generally find that what you tell yourself about life is what becomes true, so if you continuously tell yourself that you’ll never be happy, then you can pretty much guarantee that you’ll never be happy. Instead, tell yourself that you will be happy, even if you don’t believe it yet. 🙂
2. “I’m unhappy because of [X person.]” Although a certain person may have caused stress or unhappiness for you now or in the past, in order to get past it and actually be happy, you have to accept responsibility for what is under your own control in your life, which is your response and attitude to what happens. You can choose to have a positive attitude regardless of what other people think, and you can choose to remove yourself from unhealthy relationships now.
3. “I’m a broken and damaged person.” Regardless of what happened in the past, I believe that no one is beyond hope. At any moment you can decide to turn your life around and decide that this is not how things are going to end in your story.
4. “The world is out to get me.” You’ll always find what you’re looking for in the world, so instead of finding situations where people were trying to hurt you, look for ways that the world is still good.
5. “I don’t deserve to be happy.” You don’t have to do anything or be a certain kind of person to “deserve” being happy. Whether or not you deserve happiness, an abstract concept, comes down to whatever you tell yourself that you deserve. Instead, affirm that you do deserve to be happy.
Ultimately, your beliefs create your reality, so whatever you believe about life will become true. You can stay stuck in the same old story with the same old beliefs, or you can shake things up and decide that you’re going to believe in a better future for your life.
- How to Be Happy Consistently
- 5 Beliefs I Changed to Be Happy
- 10 Things Happy People Do Differently
- 7 Common Ways to Be Happy in Life
- How to Be Happy Anytime
It’s all up to you.
If you’d like more tips for dealing with depression, check out our 30 Day Negativity Detox.