Whether it’s a change that happens to you or a change that you start yourself, the concept of “change” is always a part of our lives that keeps things interesting and keeps us growing and transforming into better people. Here are 16 quotes about change in life.
Sometimes life is uncomfortable. But here’s why I think you should lean into the discomfort.
When life gets uncomfortable and starts changing, our first instinct is to run away from the pain. Isn’t that where fight or flight comes in? It seems like if our first instinct were to run towards the pain, that might cause a few problems in our life.
But what if instead of running away, we leaned into the discomfort?
We often find ways to mask or numb the pain in the short term, but in the long run, this only makes it worse when we finally feel it.
But when you stop fighting, and let yourself soften, it’s almost like we’re gifted with a whole new perspective. And what was once our enemy we can now see as an ally to greater personal growth and development as a human.
When you stop trying to prevent discomfort and instead face it head-on, the battle fades away and you make peace with the things that once enslaved you. You stop thrashing in the water and instead learn how to float, and then you realize that the ocean, what you once feared, can be your greatest source of joy.
Related Quote Posts:
- 25 Inspirational Quotes About Life
- 18 Quotes About Disappointment
- 18 Important Quotes About Life Lessons
- 15 Quotes About Hope
- 25 Quotes About Not Giving Up
- 13 Quotes About Being Strong
16 Quotes About Change in Life
1. “If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” – Wayne Dyer
2. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” – Barack Obama
3. “They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.” – Andy Warhol
4. “There is nothing permanent except change.” – Heraclitus
5. “When we are no longer able to change a situation – we are challenged to change ourselves.” – Viktor E. Frankl
6. “The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.” – Alan Watts
7. “Sometimes it’s the smallest decisions that can change your life forever.” – Keri Russell
8. “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
9. “Change is inevitable. Change is constant.” -Benjamin Disraeli
10. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” ― Lao Tzu
11. “For what it’s worth: it’s never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.” ― Eric Roth
12. “Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t.” ― Steve Maraboli
13. “Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.” ― Eckhart Tolle
14. “The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.” ― Jon Krakauer
15. “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” -Winston Churchill
16. “Change, like healing, takes time.” ― Veronica Roth
What are your favorite quotes about change? 🙂
If you would like more inspirational quotes and tips, check out our 365 Recovery Tips.