Slime is a squishy fun toy / science experiment / activity you can make at home. You can make colorful slime, fluffy slime, or even glittery slime! Here are 11 fun homemade slime recipes that require just a few ingredients that you might have around the house already. There are different recipes, including slime without borax and slime without glue in case you don’t have that on hand or want to use different ingredients.
11 Fun Homemade Slime Recipes – With and Without Borax!
This fun DIY slime project uses glitter glue, gold glitter, and a few simple ingredients to create a beautiful and magical underwater-looking DIY mermaid slime. You can make it in just minutes!
DIY Mermaid Slime
– Elmer’s Glitter Glue (I used purple because I couldn’t find the blue one in stores and then dyed it with teal food coloring)
– Teal Food Coloring
– White Sugar Pearl Sprinkles
– Gold Party Beads
– Gold Glitter
I had a BLAST making this DIY galaxy slime (see what I did there? ;)) and after an initial test with dyeing white glue with paint, I decided that translucent glitter glue created a much prettier galaxy effect. Here’s how to make DIY galaxy slime!
DIY Galaxy Slime
- Bowl and spoon
- Purple, blue, and pink clear Elmer’s glitter glue
- Food dye or glitter if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon 20 Mule Team borax powder
- 1 cup warm water in a measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Optional: slime jar containers
- Clean area that can get messy (just in case)
Use three different bowls and spoons to create your blue, pink, and purple clear glitter slimes separately, and then mix together for a galaxy effect!
What kind of slime is your favorite? 🙂